1. Stability > mobility
2. Posture is 24/7
3. Thoracic mobility
4. Change your movement, don’t stop moving
5. Train your rear delts often
6. Train your rear delts hard!
7. Train your rear delts right!
8. Stretch your hip flexors
9. Heavy overhead pressing is not for everyone
10. Overhead pressing is a privilege to be earned
11. Heavy overhead pulling is overrated
12. Respect the healing process
13. Isometrics are invaluable
14. Drop the ego lifting
15. Don’t neglect the core
16. Be mindful of the shoulder during other movements in the gym
17. Be patient and don’t be greedy with your progress
18. Stretch your neck and traps
19. Examine your form on presses and pulls
20. Stretch your pecs and lats by hanging from a bar
21. Stop doing dinky prehab exercises for endless reps with crappy form!
22. Lightening the load isn’t always the answer
23. Certain exercises are NOT mandatory!
24. Learn the difference between shoulder extension and scapular retraction
25. Stop force feeding hyper-mobility
26. Switching movement planes on an exercise can make a world of difference
27. Buy a good, appropriate mattress
28. Train antagonistic muscles for upper body in the same training session
29. Know when to seek professional help
30. Stop doing crappy stretches in your doorway and learn to stretch your pecs properly
31. Strength your glutes!
32. Learn to generate full-body tension
33. Stop rushing through mobility work!